Sunday, May 1, 2011

Patiently Waiting.....an update

Amanda asked that I write you all to give you an update on Lauren's journey home.  


This evening as Amanda was changing her diaper, she noticed a bulge on Lauren's belly.  It looks as if the shunt track in her abdomen is very swollen.  They are waiting for the neuro to arrive to determine the cause of the problems and of course the prognosis.  


Unfortunately its our thought that Lauren and Amanda will not be coming home tomorrow as hoped.  I can only imagine that for every minute of hope that Amanda had for this day to be tomorrow, she is now having a moment of anxiousness, sadness, frustration....


I have been so amazed at the grace and courage that Amanda has shown throughout these past weeks since Lauren's arrival and the months before.  I'm humbled as a Mother to see the fortitude she has shown -- the patience and unconditional love.  Remarkable doesn't come close.  Determined isn't the word either.  But Lauren surely has inherited these traits.  She is one very lucky little girl to have Amanda as her Mommy.


I hope that you will join me in praying for God's healing hand to relieve Lauren's ailments and help her to recover so that she and Amanda can continue on their journey home.


And dearest Amanda - my prayers for you tonight:
Mark 12:30  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 
Isaiah 41:10  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

With love and blessings,
Christine


3 comments:

  1. That was just beautiful Christine. Thank you for the update. Our prayers are with baby Lauren and Mommy!
    Teresa Breeding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and they are both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christine for the update when Amanda just could not do it herself. Your words spoke to my heart, though reading them and hearing the news from Travis was so difficult. God has indeed found the perfect people to complete my family.

    ReplyDelete