Sunday, May 1, 2011

Holding our breath

OK, so far, so good.  We are still being discharged tomorrow!  We cannot wait to bring Lauren home to her family where she belongs.  It has been a long, tiring journey for me, but absolutely nothing compared to what Lauren went through.  What makes it OK, is that Lauren won't remember any of it!  She is a true champ of champs and I will always know her to be my fighter. 

I feel so incredibly blessed to bring a beautiful daughter home, to introduce her to the many family and friends that have already touched our lives with their generosity and thoughtfulness.  I am constantly amazed at how giving and prayerful people are in such times.  Our family truly appreciates everything from the bottom of our hearts.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on Lauren's journey as it will continue in different ways.  Clinics, therapy, and surgeries.  She has her first Spina Bifida clinic next Monday-one of many.  She will also have appointments with surgery team regarding her next surgery to make her bottom...

Thanks again and I'll be sure to post some pictures of her trip home!!!

1 comment: