Tuesday, July 5, 2011

180*

HOPE

YOU HAD


A WONDERFUL




INDEPENDENCE DAY


FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS XOXO





We had a great visit together this weekend.  I missed my family so much!!!!  It was super sweet to see the girls with Lauren again.

Peyton getting in some snuggle time

Taylor hanging out watching Lauren
When  they got here Saturday my husband looked wiped.  So, I took the girls out and about to some stores for about three hours so he could rest in the bed here in the hospital room.  I got back and asked him if he had a nice nap.  To which he replied, "Not with that IV pump going off every twenty, thirty minutes, people coming in and out..."  I looked at him and gave him a pat on the shoulder and said, "Welcome to my world, except it's 24 hours." heehee.  I loved the look on his face.

On Sunday they took Lauren off the antibiotics and fluids since her blood work and cultures were showing up negative.  Sunday turned out to be a pretty rough day for Lauren.  I had left with Taylor and Peyton to go to hotel to get a nap.  Which of course never really happened cause that's nearly impossible to do in a small room with two very active girls.  So, we left daddy with Lauren.  When we got back he was a bit frazzled, I guess Lauren kept getting sick on him.  Sure enough, after about five minutes of me being there she got sick again.  Needless to say, they put her back on the fluids. 

However, at about 9 that night Lauren's behavior began to get better and she was able to keep her night time feeds down.  She woke up Monday morning super happy, and stayed this way most of the day that she was awake.  She only got sick after one feed and was able to increase her feeds a little too.  The girls decided to give me a pedicure and daddy a new hairstyle!





 Today has been even better.  Made a total 180!  Spinal Fluid came back for a final result of NEGATIVE!  This is excellent news.  She is the happiest she's been since we've been to the hospital and is eating tremendously better, all while keeping it down.  I am so proud of my little warrior!!!!  Doctors know that the ileus caused Lauren great discomfort and was behind the excessive vomiting.  They are attributing her fever and soreness to possible virus, since nothing was found in cultures.

She got another casting today, this time purple...



Lauren lost a bit since we've been here, especially this past week.  So, we are going to supe up some expressed milk twice each day to try and get her back on the weight gaining cycle.  She has always, when feeling well, been an excellent eater and a little chunky monkey, so I am sue that she will be back to herself sooner rather than later.

We are going to follow up with a nutritionist and have her weight monitored by our pediatrician at home closely for a while.  I am not sure when we will be able to go home, but my guess is if she continues to do well, very very soon.  

I can't help but believe that her recovery had a huge part to do with the hundreds of prayers being sent up into the heavens for her.  We are eternally grateful!

I wanted to say thank you to a few people who have really helped us out the past 3-4 weeks while here:
Linda, Gina, Lyndsey, Marsha, Adrianna, Kacey, Keisha, and Sabrina.  It truly is a comforting thought knowing that we have such great friends that we can trust and count on in such times of need.  PS Thanks to Erica and Sheri for making a quick trip down here last week. 



6 comments:

  1. oh my is she SUCH a doll! I am SO thankful for the great progress and pray you are home soon, and this time for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad she's doing better! I've been praying for her. Glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family and I sincerely hope you are at home with them next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lisa! how was your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This is such wonderful news. I am so grateful to God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls all look so happy.. They'll look even more precious together AT HOME! So thankful for the great news that you get to go home today.

    ReplyDelete