Saturday, July 2, 2011

Family Time

Waiting on my adorable big girls and their daddy to get here for the weekend.  I missed them something terrible!!!!

Blood work came back with no blood infection, as did the urine sample.  CT scan looked great also.  Waiting on CSF, super preliminary looks OK, but it honestly takes 24-72 hours.  I know of three times they have told me same day it was drawn, "Oh, it looks good.  Nothing to worry about."  Then a day or two later, "Well, actually something is in the CSF and it's an infection."  So, I really want to hit that 72hour mark before I celebrate that it's not in spinal fluid?

It's good that those results came back good, but still frustrating cause we still don't know for sure on things.  They took another abdominal x-ray earlier-waiting on that.  

Right now, she is sleeping.  She is sleeping too much-and I KNOW that this is usually not a good thing.  Who would have ever thought we wouldn't want the baby to sleep too much.  Funny.

Anyway, when I find out anything significant I'll post.  I'm going to try to enjoy my time with my family.  Hey, I may even get my husband to spend the night with Lauren in room, while "I" go to hotel with girls and get a full night of sleep! heehee.

Also, I wanted to again thank you all for following and being so dedicated to following this journey.  Your thoughts and prayers make such a difference to my heart and gives me some peace.  It just reminds me that I am not the driver.  I need to trust in God.

3 comments:

  1. You go to that hotel and get a good nights sleep! You'll feel much better for it, and you know Lauren will be in good hands with your husband. Your doing great mama. Hope they get to the bottom of this and Lauren gets better and home very very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are in the clear so far, YEAH! I pray that CSF comes back clear too. I hope you get an AMAZING night sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a good weekend with your family! I'm finally back from the UK and will call you tomorrow. Praying for Lauren and for you!

    ReplyDelete