Monday, February 20, 2012

Recovery Update and Random Thoughts

Lauren has been recovering beautifully since her surgery last Monday.  The only hiccup we had was a fever for two days following surgery.  Her fever never went too high and didn't last too long.  I still called surgeon's office and visited my local pediatrician.  

We have just been trying to be careful to position her feet and legs comfortably and trying to be as gentle with her as possible when moving her around.  

We will go back to ortho on the 28th to get a new set of casts, then 4 weeks later another set, then four weeks later they should be off for good if all is well!

On another side note....
 
I really wanted to explain that in previous posts, sometimes I may come off as being sad about some of the things that Lauren has to endure...  I am to an extent worried or sad about what obstacles-social and emotional-that she will encounter throughout her life because of these things.  But, very importantly, I accepted Lauren's spina bifida the day she was diagnosed in utero.  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that my daughter, differently abled or not, was exactly what God intended for me to have.  

Lauren has blessed me in so many ways, that one day I am going to have to thank her for making me a better woman and mother.  I just really wanted to stress that when I vent or deliver posts regarding procedures, disabilities, or abnormalities that she has, I am comfortable with these things.  I accept these differences and would take a thousand more if it meant keeping Lauren with me here on earth.  

I know that this post is a bit random, but after reading back on a post or two and some comments I began to fear that I was coming off as "complaining"... which couldn't be further from the truth.  I hope that everyone understands that complaining is certainly and never will be my intent.  I am truly blessed and am thankful daily for my wonderful family.  I am also blessed to have such a wonderful community of supporters and followers of Lauren.  And thanks for listening to me ramble... 

2 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing! It's ok to not love what our little ones endure, it doesn't mean we love them any less :). So glad Lauren is doing well!

    ReplyDelete