Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lauren Turns One

Our Lauren turned one yesterday.  I could not have been more excited to see her celebrate the day.  It's hard to imagine what has all happened in only one year.  This was certainly a year marked by triumph!  A year when my medical vocabulary exploded.  A year when two older sisters accepted and captured a baby into their hearts.  A year when a baby became wrapped around her daddy's fingers.  A year when love transcended all.

I'll never forget the moment we first saw each other.  She was crying and when Lauren was brought to my side, I placed my hand under her back and said hello and began... She immediately stopped crying... and I immediately fell harder than I thought possible for a beautiful sweet baby girl.  I still continue to be overwhelmed by my love for her.

During this year I realized the power of prayer and patience.  Through obstacles some small, others larger-the Lord proved to us His will through Lauren's determination towards healing.  I will forever be grateful to the family and friends that stepped forward to show support in every way imaginable.  Whenever someone approaches and tells me that they prayed for Lauren I am usually moved to tears.  A selfless and simple act impacted our lives in ways that I'll never be able to express.

Thank you also to her hospital family (Jennifer, Karie, Kaitlin, Lita...) for their amazing efforts and dedication to their jobs.




 
 Lauren spent the day with her family.  We played lots and celebrated the end with a cupcake, which Lauren didn't care for...  We're looking forward to another year, but this time with less obstacles...

5 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet precious niece! How amazing you are and how better we all are for having you in our lives. May God continue to bless you with the laughter that surrounds you, continued strides in your health and well being and above all that the virtues that were bestowed on you as a baby be seen by all. (Don't forget the one from your Fairy Aunt Christine - it was defiance! - Defy the odds my love!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a time to celebrate. Big victories as well as small. There are too many to count, aren't there. And so much love, thoughtfullness, patience and joy has come into our family through Lauren. I am constantly amazed at her spirit; she is so full of laughter and determination. And Lauren has one of the greatest belly laughs of all time - brought about more often through the antics of her big sisters Taylor and Peyton. May you continue to amaze us Little Lauren. I can't wait for the next year! Love Always, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year already?!?!?!? That is something to celebrate! Happy birthday amazing girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! It was truly an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete