Friday, April 29, 2011

A Busy Week


 Lauren was quite famous this week, receiving visitors from her greatest fans-Taylor and Peyton!  When I left Easter, I brought the BIG sisters back with me to Nashville for a few days.  It was so incredible to see the girls interact and love all over Lauren.  And I mean love, they must have given her a thousand kisses and she ate it up.  Not once did she get aggravated with the attention or added noise.


Other than that, Lauren continued with her physical and occupational therapy.  She is now wearing some thumb splints that we rotate every four hours to help get her thumb from closing inside her palm, making fists all the time.  This is only temporary and not a big deal.

Lauren is wearing a fancy new net hat (really it's super silly looking).  This is to help the swelling on her old shunt site that hasn't sealed off yet.  We may have to wear it the following week at home too:(

Nephrology  has been monitoring her case and has determined the best way to treat her blood pressure is with a small dose of medicine administered twice each day.  They will continue to keep up with her case and she should eventually outgrow this.

Her lab work was sent off early this morning.  Her CRP was only 8, which is really great.  When she was sick it was I believe in the 700s.  Her white blood cell count looked good too, she has always had an elevated level, even when she didn't have infection.  She is a little anemic still, so I will continue with some special vitamins that stink sooo bad.  She went off antibiotics this morning and will continue with fluids until Monday.


I am beginning the discharge stuff today and throughout the weekend and planning to meet with her case worker to get all her appointments and supplies ordered and made.  We are extremely excited and can barely stand to wait over the weekend.  She is doing and looking amazing!  I am so proud of my little fighter!

5 comments:

  1. She is so sweet. I pray this weekend flies by and you get out Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday present for you - to have Lauren getting so much stronger and ready to come home to be with her Daddy, Mommy and BIG sisters! Enjoy the paperwork; each letter, each word, each line, each initial, each signature is a step forward for your family life. Kiss my granddaughter Lauren for me and thank her for being such a strong girl like her Mommy! Love you lots :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it your birthday, Amanda? Mine is today! I'm so glad to hear Lauren is doing well; I'll be praying that she goes home tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Lisa? That's so cool. See, we must have been meant to meet. Thanks for the wishes and prayers. I am looking forward to Monday.

    ReplyDelete