Thursday, June 30, 2011

new development

Lauren began to run a fever-101.3 tonight...  Did blood work and her CRP (inflammation indicator) was 40 something.  They want it between 0-10.  It was at 2.2 the other day.  

I have a nasty feeling that something is brewing...  Just don't know what yet. Crap.

Started back up on antibiotics. 

Nothing new to report.  Waiting to look at cultures to see if anything develops.  Still gets fever and sick.  BUT, she did make a small bowel movement today, so that was good.

4 comments:

  1. Jamie sent me your way, I just wanted to stop by and leave some love and let you know that I am praying for your family and your sweet baby girl... I have a 2 year old boy with Spina Bifida. **hugs** momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Lauren, we are praying hard for you. Madi wanted to pray for you tonight and said, "Dear Jesus, take care (of) baby lauren. Jesus loves me. Amen." Lots of prayers headed your way!!

    Off topic, but have you tried a probiotic powder to help counteract the antibiotics? I started those with Madi during the second stay, and they seemed to help make her immune system stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest thing EVER!!! I can't wait for Lauren to be old enough one day to tell her that story. You have obviously raised an amazing, caring and generous daughter (probably a lot like her momma)!

    NO, I have never heard of the powder. My husband and I have been so worried about this. I need to look into immediately. Thank you so much for the tip.

    ReplyDelete