Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cloud Nine

Today was wonderful because I got to hold Lauren for the first time.  The nurse just moved her little cushion bed onto my lap-it was so special and overwhelming!


Lauren slept through most of the night.  She was peacefully awake for a while this morning, then crashed just in time for grandma and Adrianna to arrive.  However when she drank her milk, she woke up for them to peak at her eyes.

The shunt sights look good-not too swollen... I have to wash her head daily for two weeks to circulate fluids and blood around.  You can REALLY feel all the excess fluid from the hydro, but I have noticed in some areas it looks better already.  They have the shunt slowly draining the fluids, so overall it will be a while before her swelling goes completely to normal.

Lauren is sporting her head probes again (for a study) and a cute new bow today:)

5 comments:

  1. Amanda such beautiful pictures. You have a beautiful family. We are praying for you guys. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, is she CUTE!!!!! Glad you got to snuggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to hold and feed her today so much earlier than I expected; it made me cry with joy. I feel lucky to have seen Lauren's cute little face probe free today. I thought she wasn't going to have to wear them anymore. Sigh. She was so adorable with her little bow in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jaime!

    Mom, they need to get some post op data for the study. I think they will stay on till we leave, but it's really a great purpose behind the probes-I was talking with the MD about it yesterday. Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete