Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Lauren

At 12:05 on Monday, March 7th Lauren Nicole welcomed the world at 5 lbs. 11 oz.

So, you can imagine as I awaited to hear her first cry...that was shared with me.  I was just so overwhelmed to be a mommy all over again.  Doctors can tell you all the things to be prepared for...but they always forget to mention that she will take your breath away. 

The first time I saw her-I didn't see her defect, I saw her beautiful little face, squealing her little cry.  The moment I brought my hand to the top of her back and spoke she instantly stopped crying-as if she waited all this time to hear me speak, just as I waited to hear her first cry.  It was a precious moment I will always remember.


Daddy took Lauren to the NICU, where she will remain during her visit Children's Hospital.
 

2 comments:

  1. Amanda - This was so beautifully said, realizing that both of you had been waiting to hear each others voice on this side of the womb; how this was the one event that would make each of you feel better and make the moment complete. Love you and Lauren so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, mom!! She's lucky to have you as her grandma:)

    ReplyDelete