Friday, March 25, 2011

Who's a chunky monkey???

LAUREN IS!!!  Lauren has the cutest double chin and beginning to get little rolls on her back, I just love it.  Her weight goes up and down a few ounces.  I believe she has grown from 5lb 11oz to 6lb 3oz.

No problems with the external shunt today.  She ate and slept like a champ.  If I could, I would give her a medal for today's performance:)

When the doctors made their rounds this morning they said that her numbers were looking good from her spinal fluid.  They will do additional blood work on Monday.  We are anticipating a new shunt either Wednesday or Thursday if things move along just as good-however it could be a few days longer if she needs it (I just get selfish I want her home, but understand that I need to be patient while she heals).

Chubby Cheeks

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how wide awake and alert she is! What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! Me too.

    Yes, when she's awake she is very aware of her surroundings! She has a mobile and animal print paper that she really checks out. I also like to play her music too, and unfortunately for her sing along sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following this blog... My daughter is 8 months old and was born with myelo also.. What a beautiful bby Lauren is and what miracles are babies are!!! I love logging in and seeing all the great progress Lauren is making.. Thanks for blogging..

    ReplyDelete