Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hello Sunday!

As I entered Lauren's room this morning, she was bright eyed and looking around-apparently somebody wasn't affected by the time change.  She continues to do well.  She got her milk upped today, so she is getting more to eat and making her bigger and healthier.  She looked cuter than ever, but I am a little partial. 

The nurses have been really good at teaching me and allowing me to do some of Lauren's care.  I get to take her temperature, clean her ostomy bag, feed and burp her, and assist in rotating her positions.  I love being able to be hands on, I feel more connected as a mommy.

Neuro came by late last night and said the shunt surgery will be early next week, probably Tuesday.  I'll be sure to keep you informed.  This is done to relieve the pressure form the hydrocephalus in her brain-specifically the ventricles.   Here is a link: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/9567.htm

Thanks to everyone who follows our journey, it's so nice to see, especially when such long days are spent in this little room-keeps me connected to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! You can see her filling out and growing each day. The pictures with all 3 girls are just precious. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda .....
    I'm so glad to hear that lauren is doing good.....she is truly blessed to have such a wonderful mommy ..... you guys have such a awesome little family....thank you for letting me be a part of it .... I love u guys and can't wait to meet little ms lauren!!!!!

    ReplyDelete