Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday April 12th

snuggle time



I apologize for the delay of information- I have been very busy with school work.  This was my first official day without Lauren, spending the day at Tennessee Tech, so it was quite difficult.  I got back into Nashville around 10:30 and couldn't stand it, I just had to go see her!  I returned to Jaba the Hut (HUGE double chin)!  She has been eating 3-4 oz each feeding and gained back the 5 oz she lost last week.  Best thing ever touching her cute little cheeks and kissing her goodnight;)

They exubated Lauren on Saturday afternoon.  I didn't know who was happier, me or Lauren!  Her fistula has stayed put and we spoke with surgery team regarding her repair for her bottom and the future.  Things are looking good.  Once we get home, we will be there for a few weeks before we go back to hospital for her surgery (this will be the one that they make her new bottom).  Then, after that has healed completely (probably 2-3 months), She will have another surgery to close up her colostomy since she won't need it anymore.  Finally, hurray- cause she will be able to poop in a diaper!

Aside form her external shunt leaking occasionally, she is doing great overall.  Her body is still fighting the infection and infectious disease control has been swinging by daily to discuss her daily labs to determine when the new shunt should be internalized and placed back in.  Thinking about very late this week or early next week sometime.  No matter when though, she will still receive her 3 weeks of IV antibiotics.

I want to say thanks to Linda (nanny) and Gina (Aunt) for making the trip to visit with Lauren on Saturday-It was awesome!

Nanny feeding me a bottle-yum, yum!

Aunt Gina and Nanny

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the good news updates and that our little rock star is continuing to make progress every day. You are amazing me with your strength and dedication to Lauren, school, your family....God continues to work his wonders through you! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine, for your love, support, and spiritual guidance. LOVE you and can't wait for the Thompson Fam to meet Lauren:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to see my girl so full of joy! Lauren looks pretty content in your arms. How special that you were able to hold her and have that moment to hold onto during tough moments. So much good news in this post. Nice to see Nana and Gina with her. How is Lauren's PT coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom, it was incredible. Her PT is going good, in fact they just came by and worked her out alongside occupational therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH for good updates. I love all her cute bows :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bows are always a great accessory! The night nurses are good at making them for us. I have plenty at home waiting for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I just found your wonderful sweet blog. As I read the words you use to convey to us how Lauren is doing each day, I am impressed by your faith and perseverance. I've always known you were a wonderful mother to the first two, but hearing your words and thoughts as you interact with this little one in her struggles is a beautiful expression of a mother's love. How lucky this baby is to have a mom like you. I will pray for you and your family. It's exciting to watch God at work bringing baby Lauren through this and hearing your faith and trust grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Molly. I absolutely love your words when you write-you make everything sound so perfect. It's very sweet to read and filled me up with happiness. Hope you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete