Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday April 19th

Well, Lauren has recovered from her surgery Friday.  On Saturday they closely monitored her pain to make sure she stayed comfortable.  She was upgraded to a little baby crib, so she is so much more accessible.  Without the external drain I am able to grab and hold Lauren whenever I want, which is INCREDIBLE!

My good friend Adrianna came for a visit Sunday and she got to hold Lauren a couple of times and feed her a bottle.  It was super cute to see her hold Lauren, she had been patiently waiting every week that she's visited, so it was well deserved.

Adrianna snuggling




During Sunday night and early Monday morning Lauren threw up her food and had a swollen abdomen.  So, they did an x-ray that indicated her bowel was enlarged.  However this is common with pain medicine.  To be on the safe side they held her feeds through this morning (28 hours) and ran some precautionary blood work.  Everything came back looking good except her CRP level was a bit elevated.  This is like an inflamatory indicator, but it could be raised because of her surgery Friday...  Her white blood cell count was low and nothing else indicated that there is a problem.  Lauren began eating without any issues and is doing really good.

I have to be honest I was really hesitant to write anything on the blog because I have been a bit anxious about her new shunt.  Unfortunately, my blood pressure got a little too high today with some symptoms.  After some resting and a trip to doc I feel better.  I have an appt. tomorrow morning with my OB to get double checked. 

Today was also the first day that Lauren got to wear any clothes.  She sported a cute pink gown with an arm hanging out due to IV, but she looked cute as ever and reminded me so much of being a new mom to Taylor and Peyton.   Amazing.

The rash on Lauren's face has gotten worse, but doctors still believe it to be an allergic reaction to something, more than likely that touched her face.  It could possibly be an imbalance from the antibiotics...  I just hope it gets better soon and isn't causing her any discomfort.

I wanted to end this post with a huge thanks to all my regular people who have been stepping up to help out with my family back home and making trips...  (Sabrina who has been great lately, my mom, Erica, Aunt Gina and nanny who have REALLY been wonderful). I also want to send thanks to the incredible nurses that have taken such amazing care of our little baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. I love her little clothes!!!! she looks ssssoooo cute!!!! Have a great Easter ...love u all

    ReplyDelete