Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Report

Sleepy head
 Well, if you peaked at Lauren right now, you would never know that she had surgery.  She looks wonderful and plump:)  She has been sleeping quite a bit due to the pain meds, but was up a while for me this afternoon.

It appears the reason she was in so much distress after surgery was due to a mis-dosing error from somewhere on the surgical floor.  She was only receiving trace amounts of pain med when she awoke from anesthesia.  So, when little Lauren woke up, she could feel all that pain and discomfort from the surgery and it took a while for the medicine to "catch up."  I HATE that this happened, but at least I understand her reaction and can now be cognizant for future procedures.

Otherwise, we are so very excited for urology scans and news tomorrow!

Lauren also had lots of visitors today:  Ms. Lisa, Aunt Mindy, and Kourtney-Thank you!!!!!

Aunt Mindy feeding me my bottle

Aunt Mindy and her best friend Kourtney

Meeting Lauren for the first time:)
 PS Lauren may be born to be a rock star

4 comments:

  1. I always love seeing her little bows :). I am glad she's doing well and pray you get to bring her home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie! We can't wait either-the prayers help for sure. Hope you're doing well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW ADORABLE!!!! I love the rock star picture and of course that she was able to meet another of her fabulous aunts! I can't wait until I get that same moment with her! Miss you so very much and continuing to pray for our little rock star every day!

    ReplyDelete